How to Delete Facebook Account on iPhone – If you’ve been thinking about taking a break from Facebook or have decided it’s time to say goodbye for good, read on to learn how to delete Facebook account on iPhone, as well as adjust your privacy settings.
When it comes to adjusting how you use Facebook, you have a few alternatives. To begin, if you want to continue using the platform, you can alter and strengthen your security and privacy settings. Nevertheless, you can deactivate your account temporarily or semi-permanently, which suspends it and allows you to reinstate it later.
Finally, you have the option of permanently deleting your Facebook account. We’ll look at how to perform all three below; skip ahead to whatever part you choose if you know exactly what you want to achieve. Any of these options are available on the iPhone and iPad, as well as the web.
How to Delete Facebook Account on iPhone
- Start the Facebook iOS app and tap the hamburger symbol (three lines) in the bottom right corner.
- Swipe down to the bottom and choose Settings & Privacy, followed by Settings.
- Personal and Account Information should be selected.
- At the top, choose Account Ownership and Control.
- Select Deactivation or Deletion.
- To delete your account, just follow the directions.
- You might wish to download a copy of your information from Facebook; check for the link to do so, which is given below.
- Also, keep in mind that deactivating Facebook will destroy Messenger as well as any communications.
There is a 30-day grace period after deactivating Facebook to alter your mind.
What happens when you deactivate Facebook?
If you delete your account, your profile will no longer be accessible to anyone on Facebook, and no one will be able to find you. Some data, such as messages written to friends, may still be visible to others.
You can revoke your account deletion if it has been less than 30 days since you initiated it. After 30 days, your account and all of your data will be permanently erased, and you will be unable to restore it.
It might take up to 90 days from the start of the deletion procedure to erase everything you’ve submitted. While we are erasing this information, it is not available to other Facebook users.
To remove a Facebook account on the web, go to https://www.facebook.com/help/delete account. If necessary, log in with your credentials. Click the Delete My Account button. Follow the on-screen instructions to permanently deactivate your account.