How to Play Mario Kart 8 with Friends Online – The best-selling game on the Nintendo Switch is Mario Kart 8 Deluxe. There are dozens of characters to choose from, but you must play several times to unlock everything, including characters, karts, tires, and gliders.
If you’re setting up a multiplayer race for the first time to compete against your friends, here are a few pointers on how to play Mario Kart 8 with friends online to help you get your races set up, whether you’re doing a traditional race or one of the game’s many modes.
How to Play Mario Kart 8 with Friends Online
Different Multiplayer Modes
There are three multiplayer modes to choose from: Grand Prix, Vs. Race, and Battle. Each has a unique gameplay style, as well as options for the type of experience you will have.
1. The Grand Prix
You can choose between 50cc, 100cc, 150cc, 200cc, and Mirror. The “cc” denotes the speed of your kart. If you’re new to the game, stick with 50cc until you’ve gained enough experience to move on.
If you’ve been playing for a while and want to try something new, you can select the Mirror races to make everything backwards and upside-down. It’s very disorienting, but it’s also a lot of fun.
2. Vs Race
You can change the rules in Vs. Race. You have the same cc speed options as before, as well as the Mirror track, but you can also choose whether you and your teammates are playing in teams or free-for-all.
You can also select whether to collect no items, no items or coins, frantic items, normal items, shells only, bananas only, mushrooms only, or Bob-ombs only.
You may choose six different battle styles in Battle mode: Shine Thief, Random Battle, Balloon Battle, Renegade Roundup, Bob-omb Blast, or Coin Runners.
You can even choose the same customizable options as in the Vs. Race, with the addition of round times for all battles except the Shine Thief.
Here are the details of some phrases that existed in the game:
- Shine Thief: On the map, there is a special star, or Shine. The goal is to get it while avoiding being hit by other players until time runs out. Hitting any player who has the Shine causes them to lose it. Simply run into it to get it and then avoid everyone.
- Balloon Battle: Each player’s kart is adorned with balloons. When a player is hit by another player, he or she loses a balloon. You’re out if you lose all of your balloons. The winner is the last person standing with at least one balloon.
- Renegade Roundup: This is essentially a cops and robbers game. Piranha Plants are attached to the karts of some players. If they get too close to a player who doesn’t have one, the victim will be devoured and imprisoned. Those without the carnivorous plant, on the other hand, can break their friends out of jail by pressing a button located somewhere on the map. The game is over when all of the plantless players are captured or when the timer runs out.
- Bob-omb Blast: This is similar to Balloon Battle except that the only item players can obtain from item boxes is Bob-ombs. Throw explosives at the other players until only one is left standing.
- Coin Runners: Coins are scattered throughout the course, and the player to gather the most within the time limit wins. But be warned, each time you get hit, you’ll lose coins.
- Random Battle: The game will randomly select one of the five games listed above.
Read More: Best Switch Games for 5 Year Olds
That’s all you need to know about how to play Mario Kart 8 with friends online. As the best selling game in Nintendo Switch, no wonder a lot of people wanted to play Mario Kart 8 with their friend.
In this article, we also provided you with some details on some phrases that might confused. Therefore, after you read this article, you will understand how to play Mario Kart 8 with friends online.