Pokemon Go New Years Limited Research – The Pokemon Go New Year’s 2022 event has arrived, which means a new set of Timed Research tasks for players to complete in order to earn some fantastic rewards.
Niantic is celebrating New Year’s Eve with a special limited-time event in Pokemon Go, as is customary. Trainers will be seeing fireworks shoot across the sky and will have the opportunity to encounter a slew of party-themed costume Pokemon.
The easiest way to find these New Year’s Eve costume Pokemon is to complete the event-exclusive Timed Research tasks, that will lead to encounters with Pokemon wearing party hats like Hoothoot, Wobbuffet, and Wurmple.
You’ll find everything you need in this article to know about completing the Timed Research tasks during the New Year’s 2022 event, as well as the exciting rewards you’ll receive for doing so, down below.
Pokemon Go New Years Limited Research
Pokemon Go New Years Limited Research: Research Task
These are the Timed Research tasks and rewards available only during the New Year’s 2022 event:
Step 1 of 4
- Catch 10 Pokemon – 10 Poke Balls
- Walk 1km – 250 Stardust
- Make 5 Curveball Throws – 5 Razz Berries
Rewards: Hoothoot encounter, 500 Stardust, 2022 XP
Step 2 of 4
- Catch 7 different species of Pokemon – 5 Great Balls
- Hatch an Egg – 1000 Stardust
- Evolve 3 Pokemon – 5 Nanab Berries
Rewards: Pikachu encounter, 500 Stardust, 2022 XP
Step 3 of 4
- Power up Pokemon 5 times – 5 Pinap Berries
- Use 5 Berries to help catch Pokemon – 500 XP
- Earn 5 hearts with your buddy – Wurmple encounter
Rewards: 1 Poffin, 500 Stardust, 2022 XP
Step 4 of 4
- Make 5 Great Throws – 5 Ultra Balls
- Earn a Candy walking with your Buddy – Wobbuffet encounter
- Send 5 Gifts to friends – King’s Rock
Rewards: Slowpoke encounter, 500 Stardust, 2022 XP
Read More: How To Catch Aerodactyl In Pokemon GO
Pokemon Go New Years Limited Research: PokeStops
The following are the event-exclusive Field Research tasks and rewards that can be obtained by spinning PokeStops during the New Year’s 2022 event:
- Catch 5 Pokemon – Hoothoot encounter
- Catch 10 Pokemon – Bulbasaur, Charmander, or Squirtle encounter
- Catch 15 Pokemon – Slowpoke encounter
- Earn 2 Candies walking with your Buddy – Slowpoke encounter
All of these encounters will be dressed in unique party-themed costumes.
Pokemon Go New Years Limited Research Special Features
In addition to the exclusive Timed Research and Field Research tasks, the event will include a plethora of costume Pokemon to encounter in the wild, in Raid Battles, and hatching from 7km Eggs.
Shiny hunters will be pleased to learn that Shiny Hoothoot is making its debut in Go. During the event, trainers may encounter Shiny Hoothoot wearing a New Year’s hat, as well as regular Shiny Hoothoot after the event has ended.
Read More: How To Evolve Munchlax Brilliant Diamond
There is also a slew of bonuses in Pokemon Go New Years Limited Research, such as double Hatch Stardust and double Hatch Candy, and the distance required to hatch Eggs will be reduced by half, making this the ideal time to use up any extra Eggs or Incubators.
Trainers will also be able to see fireworks shooting through the sky on the over-world map beginning at 11 p.m. local time on New Year’s Eve, signaling the end of 2021 and the start of a new year.